Tuesday 12 June 2012

First Post!




So this is my first post! How exciting. I have been blogging on Tumblr for a few months but thought I would step it up.


When writing a document, I always tell my students to start with an introduction, so I thought I would begin by telling you a little of what to expect from this blog.  I love lists, so this is the first of many:

1. Teaching


I am about to complete my first year of teaching in a Further Education College, and have also completed my PGCE this year, so expect lots of interesting stories. My students tend to make me laugh on a daily basis, but they're trailing off at the moment, so the stories should pick up in September. However, I am using my free time at work wisely. I turned my friend's shoe into a face today....

2. Music

I will try to include some links to great songs I would like to share with you. Here's a taster. 
 

 

3. Grief

I don't want this blog to be a downer, but I think it's important to talk about what matters to you. My father passed away two and a half months ago, and I think talking about it is probably therapeutic, and may be useful to others out there. Expect some reflection on the grieving process.

4. Fashion

I love fashion and like to put thought into what I wear. That's not to say I wear the most memorable outfits every day (I'm pretty useless at getting up at a reasonable time, and almost always find myself in a huge rush in the morning) so this won't be primarily a fashion blog, but I will talk about fashion ideas, and new purchases I think you may be interested in. 

5. House sharing

I am currently sharing a house with 3 boys, so they may get a mention from time to time.

6. Love

I am dating a man I met in September last year, and all is going well. We may even move in together in September this year. Stand by for reflections on cohabiting with a partner, and whether it's easy! I've never lived with a boyfriend before so it's pretty exciting.

7. The finer things in life

I'm not one of those generic girls who knits and talks about cupcakes all the time, I feel like they're a dime a dozen these days, but I will mention if I come across any delicious wine or gorgeous cushions. Share the knowledge people!

8. Literature and Psychology

I have a degree in English Literature and Drama, and I will begin studying Psychology in September, so these topics will get a mention. I love to read, but I don't always get a lot of time. I will share about favourite books or anything I'm currently reading. I may share some exciting Psychology finds too, but I promise not to bore you silly!

That's basically the kinds of things this blog will cover, and potentially gives you a little insight into the kind of person I am. I like to think of myself as pretty hard working, and having a good sense of humour. I do find the concept of blogging does scream 'look at me, give me attention' a little, but I also like the way it can be a great way of writing, sharing ideas and reflecting on life events.

No comments: