Saturday 10 August 2013

Illustrated wallpaper

I've been thinking of ideas for when we get the house (which could only be a couple of months away) and I have been toying with the idea of using wallpaper. Generally I shy away from wallpaper as it's hard to put up and I figure it'd be like a tattoo, I'd get bored of it and it'd be hard to get rid of. However I have seen some gorgeous illustrated wallpapers that I would consider putting on a wall as a focal point. If not, I would definitely consider framing a small section as an easy art piece of a painted wall - best of both worlds, eh!?

Here are my favourite illustrated wallpapers.


paggazi.com

abigail borg

Julia Rothman



Do you prefer paint or wallpaper?

Don't forget you can still enter yesterday's giveaway! 

3 comments:

Enbrethiliel said...

+JMJ+

Wallpaper as a tattoo? I never thought of it that way, but based on my experiences of stripping walls of wallpaper that "seemed like a good idea at the time" then got really ugly, really fast . . . I'd say the comparison works!

The wallpapers you feature are lovely, though. I like the idea of a framed section. I've already heard of "accent walls" done with paint, so why not with wallpaper, too?

I'd pick paint over wallpaper any day, but what I'd really like is to be able to afford real pine walls with a good finish. Natural materials are lovely!

Unknown said...

I think you're right, paint is easier to live with. I'm definitely going to try the framed pieces of wallpaper.

Steph & The Spaniels said...

I do love some wallpaper and these are just gorgeous. Think it makes it feel a little more homely and cosy.

Stephanie