Saturday 30 June 2012

Fairly Vintage

I'm dogsitting and housesitting this weekend, so my Mum came to visit me.We decided to go out for lunch to Market Harborough, which is near where I'm staying. The town is just beautiful and has lots of gorgeous historic buildings and lovely little shops. I had heard about a vintage fair (Northampton vintage fairs, look for them on facebook) so I dragged Mum along. Here are the things I liked best:


vintage phones
Cutesy old vintage phones. I love the yellow one!

manequin jewellery
A mannequin full of vintage jewellery.. heaven!

vintage fair stall
Cute vintage tea things.

vintage fair stall
Lovely vintage cake stand

vintage fair Market Harborough
vintage tea set

sewpretty vintage fair
Basket full of vintage goodies from sewpretty (email: sewpretty@talktalk.net)

We then went for lunch in a pop-up vintage cafe in the old school house. The building looks like this:

Market Harborough building


And the inside look like this:

vintage cafe
Grammar school
Market Harborough vintage
vintage cafe
Unfortunately (or fortunately?), I was too full for cake, but I'll definitely be going back again. They're open at the above times and they're in the old grammar school in Market Harborough.

After that we took the pups for a walk. Thankfully I think we tired them both out.




Keeva

This is Keeva, the dog I'm looking after. 
She's so bouncy and won't sit still for a photo. This is the best I could do.

My Mum brought her dog too.

Sallydog
Sally! Isn't she a beaut!?

It's not all fun and games though. My evening entertainment bailed on me last minute. Time for a glass of wine and a bad movie. Hope you're all having a nice weekend!


No comments: