Saturday 1 September 2012

5 ways I am like a boy

When looking at other people's blogs, or even talking to friends, and after reading this silly article I keep finding that a lot of people fit the girlie stereotypes. There are different types of girls: the sporty girl, the homely girl, the loudmouth girl, but they all seem to be girly in most ways. Either I'm just at odds with all other girls, which I find hard to believe, or these people are downplaying their unsightly attributes. I am putting mine out there for all to see. Here are 5 reasons I am an unconventional girl.

1. I like computer games

I don't know any other girls who are into slightly geeky adventure games, but I know they must be out there. Female geeks of the world unite! I recently played 'The Book of Unwritten Tales' and I bloody loved it I did. It's not cool, it's not girly, and it's very sad, but I love a bit of puzzle solving now and then. I just bought the newest edition of Monkey Island... I am very excited! 

monkey island gameplay

2. I am messy

I know not all girls are neat and tidy, thank goodness, but a lot of my friends seem to be neater than me. I'm not dirty, I just don't spend time much organising my belongings. I also don't match my socks, I wear them odd. I would love to be naturally neat, but I'm not sure it's ever going to happen.

3. I like Family Guy

I don't know any other girls who love Family Guy. I have watched them all a lot of times. It's so easy to watch and it's really funny. What's not to like? All my girl mates really don't like it. I can't understand!

I like family guy

4. I don't know how to apply make-up and do my hair really neatly

I'm not uninterested in make-up, I wear it and I think about what products I use, but I can't apply the really complicated stuff. I don't know how to put on lip-liner, lipstick and lip balm in the right way to make sure the colour stays on all night. I don't know how to apply false eyelashes and I've never curled my eyelashes. I just find it all so confusing. I'm more of a stay-in-bed-till-the-last-minute-and-then-shove-some-eyeliner-on kind of girl. 

5. I'm scared of commitment

My boyfriend is the one who is taking our relationship to the next step each time because commitment doesn't come naturally. Right now I've grown to like the idea of living together, but the thought of marriage or kids in the immediate future makes me want to push my head in the sand like an ostrich. I'll get there eventually, but one step at a time. Thankfully he's quite girly about it and likes the idea of kids, or we'd never end up getting anywhere. Two commitment-phobes would just end up getting stuck in a rut. 

So there you have it, my unfemininess (ok, so that's not a word but you get my gist) out there for all to see. Let us females that don't quite fit the stereotype unite in all our unique ways!

No comments: