Friday 7 September 2012

Why I love my blog

blog love blogger
I love my blog, if I didn't I wouldn't spend as much time as I do creating it. I was thinking last night about why I love my blog so much. I've narrowed it down to 5 reasons.

1. Making friends/ sharing opinions

I love when people I don't know leave a comment saying they enjoy my blog, or that they've discovered a new film by reading it. It makes me feel like, although I write my blog for me and I love it regardless, there is also some point to it being out there for all to see on the interweb. Sometimes I get so sick of not being listened to at work that at least on my blog my feelings are clear and people do sometimes respond. I think people who take the time to read or write blogs are people who are interested in the world.

2. Feeling part of something

Although I don't really connect with other bloggers directly much (I think I'm too new for anyone to take any interest in my blog), I do feel like part of a blogging community. When I read other blogs I can relate to things they say about blogging. I feel like we are all doing something we enjoy and although we all do it differently, we're all in it together.

3. Keeping records of your experiences

It's great to be able to look back at my blog and see what I've been talking about. It's getting to the point where I can barely remember writing some posts because they were a few months ago, and it's interesting to see what I put. Also, when looking at home decor it's a great reference point for remembering what I am looking for and searching for that. My boyfriend and friends also find it handy to know what to get me in terms of presents, and in general. My boyfriend told me he has already bought us a new kettle, and I know he checked the blog first for inspiration.

4. Time well spent

I could be sitting at a computer all evening sitting on forums or looking at websites, or sitting in my room watching TV all night. That's fine, and much needed down-time, but when I blog I feel like that time hasn't been wasted. I am do-er and I feel like my time is precious so I don't like to spend hours watching programmes I probably won't remember. Blogging is something I can spend time doing and keep.

5. Challenge

I check my stats regularly; I think about what I'm posting, and I try to improve my visitor numbers. Blogging is a challenge and creating quality content is a big part of that. I love to see new visits to my blog or a new follower. It's not the be-all-and-end-all, I would still love to write even if nobody visited, but it is something to aim for and being able to improve and feel proud of myself is a big part of my blogging. I hope you guys all enjoy my blog, and I appreciate feedback and ideas too.

If you're thinking of starting a blog, I would recommend it. My advice would be, don't just use it as a 'what I've done today' diary. You need to narrow down your posts to topics or issues to engage the reader. If I'm wrong about that, let me know.

No comments: