Friday 21 December 2012

Heterochromia

I have a secret to tell you...

I have heterochromia.

Don't know what it is? I didn't know there was a name for it till last year. Basically it means that I have one eye that is blue, and another eye that is brown.

Well, actually... one of my eyes is half brown and half blue.

It looks a bit like this.... but mine is a bit higher up, and has a cleaner divide between the colours.

heterchromia blog
 

Now, without showing you a photo of me (which I don't want to do, as I'm a teacher and want to keep my blogging identity private), you'll have to take my word for it. But, it does mean I always have an answer for that "name something interesting about yourself" question, which is then shortly followed by a bunch of people glaring into my eyes in an awkward fashion.

It also means when I have to write my eye colour on forms, I have to just pick one.

Funnily, a man with the same last name as me added me on Facebook not long ago, and messaged me telling me he had the same eyes as me, except the opposite way round. It is spookily similar to my eye colours, but as far as I know he isn't a relation. Perhaps he is a distant relation of some sorts. It's quite nice because it means my ancestors have probably had different coloured eyes at some point. The bloke is a little bit freaky about it and started posting photos of me on his wall, which scared me a bit. He wanted to meet up but I said "hell no".

Anyway, other than my entire personality, that's my main unusual thing. What's strange about you?




No comments: