There's an event where we can see the plans on the 16th of July, but I'm starting to hope that other residents aren't keen on the plans. When I walked where it is propsed this morning a lady from BBC radio Leicester was interviewing one of the residents of Orchard Lane about the plans (my dog recognised her and jumped all over her and the interviewer right in the middle: oops!).
The entrance to the site is literally only feet away from people's homes. The lane is only small and it would be very difficult to bring funeral cars down there. There are other options for the planners, but are they any better?
I know there needs to be a crematorium somewhere, but I have some big concerns:
- I love to walk my dog on that route and I won't be able to anymore (and I know lots of people who have been walking their dogs down there for years). I see the same people walking there every day and they're a great bunch
- It's the only way I know that residents of Great Glen can walk to the canal, and it would be a real shame if we couldn't walk there from the village
- Residents of Orchard Lane may face more traffic
- The whole village could face more traffic
- It could affect house prices
What are your views about the plans?
How would you react to changes where you live?