Monday 22 July 2013

Royal baby

Another phone blog post. I'm currently sitting in the garden sipping beer. There are worse ways I have spent a Monday lunch time! 

As I sit here, Kate middleton is in the throws of giving birth. I can't help but wonder how scared the nurses and doctors must be who are assisting. Probably the biggest moment of their career.

When thinking about the new baby, and future monarch, I can't help but hope it might be a girl. Not that it matters as much as these days, but historically the first male born would be king unless no boys were born. Now it is purely the first born regardless of gender and it'd be nice for a baby girl to take advantage of these new rules. However, by the time she or he is on the throne I imagine sexual equality will be even greater than it is today. It's only going to keep getting better and women are only getting more vocal. 

So good luck to Kate and her giving birth. The only criticism I have for her is that she isn't using the NHS. You live in this country, you live on tax payer money. Why can't you use the healthcare that everyone else uses? It does seem a bit hypocritical. If it's good enough for us, why isn't it good enough for you?

What are your thoughts on the royal baby? 

No comments: