Sunday 8 September 2013

Kitchen lighting

As we are getting an electrician in soon after we get the keys to our new place, I've been trying to think about lighting. The kitchen is where I was keen to make a lighting statement. As it's a kitchen diner I wanted some lighting that would make an impression, but not be so individual it would put off potential future buyers.

I also wanted something that would fit with our intended colour scheme of cream cabinets, wood counters and pale blue walls. I know spotlights are popular, but I just don't like the look they give. Here are my favourite pieces for sale at the moment.


Debenhams spotlights £29


Debenhams spotlights £27.60

John Lewis lampshade £140


John Lewis lampshade - cheaper version at £45

Next vintage style lights £65

Historic Lighting wall lamp £132

My vision is a line of spotlights over the kitchen area, and then one or two enamel lights hanging over the dining table, with a wall light to match on the opposite wall. I think lighting will make a huge difference to the look and feel of the kitchen-diner.

What do you think of my choices? What lighting do you have in the kitchen?

1 comment:

Johson Martin said...

A pretty important functions of one's kitchen are to store, prepare and cook food and to accomplish related tasks including dishwashing.ge fridge water dispenser not working