We are getting our sofa tomorrow! This would be incredibly exciting if it wasn't such a ruddy pain in the neck to organise. Basically, we are saving a load of money by doing a dodgy transaction, potentially. Here is why I think it may be dodgy.
- The sofa was advertised on eBay but the description said to phone, and then once we'd confirmed a price over the phone with the seller, they cancelled the eBay advert.
- The seller wanted cash on delivery
- The delivery guy rang on Friday and said he would deliver on Monday. We aren't in and asked for another day, and he said he couldn't do any other days
- When we said we wouldn't be there to pay cash, he wanted us to give our card details in advance over the phone. Obviously I said "Hell no."
- They are delivering it and then the neighbours are giving them my card details to complete the transaction
- The sofa is a John Lewis one, but almost half the price (apparently a returned delivery)