Thursday 14 February 2013

Happy Valentines Day!!

Happy Valentines day to both the dating, and the single people out there!

I was lucky enough to be brought breakfast in bed today by my lovely boyfriend.

Sorry to rub it in.

However, my facebook has been overun by annoying couples broadcasting their valentine's presents and updating their status every 5 minutes to tell the world their latest Valentine's news. How irritating. Although it's cute, if you ask me, it's all a bit of a waste of money. One girl broadcast that her boyfriend had sent chocolate, a teddy and flowers to her work. Yack. I bet that cost a fortune too. 

I'm spending Valentine's Day with my Mum. It's her first Valentine's Day since Dad died, so I thought it would be nice to have someone with her. She's making me fish pie and a cake. I think the boyfriend will head over too (it was bound to happen with Mum making cake and all). It's got to better than last year where we visited his cousin and her teenager children had lots of teenage friends round, and his cousin was babysitting a little baby that kept screaming. That was truly awful!

So, if you're not in a relationship.... stuff it. Pour yourself a glass of wine. Read a good book. Feel mentally superior to the riffraff out there. Spend it with family perhaps, or other single friends. And remember, you are entitled to feel pleased that perhaps next year you will be spending your first Valentine's day with a new significant other, which is much more exciting than Valentine's Day 6 or 7 years in. So really, you're the lucky ones.

Love and kisses to you all!


gross fat woman

1 comment: