Friday 22 March 2013

On the fringe

To fringe or not to fringe, that is the question? (My students are studying Romeo and Juliet at the moment!).

I was reading over some old blog posts today, and stumbled across this post, and it got me thinking: should I go for it, and have a full on Zooey Deschanel fringe?

I just have a slightly fatter face than Zooey, but the good thing is, if it doesn't work on me I can simply brush it to the side and wait for it to grow. Fringes aren't too hard to hide if they turn out a disaster.

Being a teacher does affect my hair choices slightly - I can't be too experimental and turn up to work with pink hair, but also - my students are the harshest critics. There's always a couple of teenagers in the group willing to give you their opinion on what you're wearing or how you look today. It keeps me on my toes but does mean I often have to think twice about my outfit choices. Seeing what some other bloggers wear to work makes me jealous, but I know my students would leap on anything vaguely unusual. Not that I don't change it up a big - I don't mind been the kooky teacher that wears ditsy dresses and boots. I just don't wanna be the slutty teacher with my skirt up my bum and my boobs hanging out.

I think I'm going to go for it, and ask for a fringe. It's a low-risk decision that may not pay off, but wouldn't be a massive disaster regardless. It also would give my hair a fresh look while still being long and wavy. It might even make my waves look vaguely less chaotic or more planned.

I'll let you know how it goes.... eep!

No comments: