There were already 4 offers on the table, but we offered slightly higher, and we agreed to use their mortgage consultant. We have got the house.
Since getting the house I have mostly been looking at:
- Kitchen designs on pinterest
- Bathroom designs for small bathrooms
- The order of rennovating a property. We will need to rewire, then put central heating in, then replaster, then start to decorate.
- Put together the expenses and where our budgets are. It seems to add up, phew.
Here are our plans:
- Strip the previous wallpaper off the walls (see photo of the lounge)
- Rewire the property (decide where plug sockets will be, and perhaps new lighting/spotlights)
- Walls plastered
- Central heating/boiler in the property, with radiators (hopefully double radiators so they take up less room)
- New windows throughout the property
- Decorate walls in lounge. Engineered wood (or laminate) in lounge and hall. Save money
- Move bathroom upstairs (change room layouts to accomodate small bathroom) - not sure if plumbing needs to be done for this when the central heating is going in... need to look into that! We can't afford to do this for a while anyway.
- Redecorate upstairs
- A new kitchen in the existing room but also using the space where the bathroom used to be for a dining area. Small toilet in the corner accessed via the kitchen or hall.
- Decorate kitchen/dining room
- Landscape the garden- change slabs for grass and plant flowers.
- By then we'll be exhausted, and will be happy just to live in the house for a while!
Second bedroom - with antique wardrobe and chest
Little wooden lean-to at the back
Garden (and next door's greenhouse)
The back of the house from the garden