Wednesday 24 July 2013

Vintage style industrial lighting

As steps continue towards owning our home, I am spending lots of time fantasising about the decorations and look of the property. I'm finding it hard to think 'neutral' as I know the end goal is really to sell the house and make money. Yet I do want to put my own stamp on the property, and I do think potential buyers will probably fall more in love with a house with its own personality than a completely blank canvas. I know I would get drawn in by gorgeous vintage decor and the idea that the house is also giving me a certain lifestyle (and it's boring painting everything magnolia!).

In my search for vintage yet contemporary pieces I stumbled across a lovely little online store called Historic Lighting. I haven't bought anything from them yet, but I love the look of their pieces, and compared to some other stores they seem very reasonably priced. Their items are also made in Britain, a real plus for those wanting to help our economy and support local producers.

Here are my favourite pieces for sale right now. 

industrial kitchen light



vintage light

vintage light

industrial light

I could see any of these in my new kitchen, hanging above my wooden dining table. I'm not sure how easy they are to install or if there are specific connections needed, but I will definitely consider these items when deciding on my lighting options. I love the vintage look, but these would also work well in a modern kitchen adding an extra quirkiness with the right furniture.

No comments: